Join us for a live virtual Essentials of Hazardous Material Management Course (EHMM) Course
EHMM Course Details
This course provides instruction on laws and regulations as well as technologies and practices in an overview fashion that highlights and emphasizes what is important for a hazardous materials manager to know and provides essential information for the hazardous materials manager to better conduct his/her job.
- Subject matter experts will conduct the AHMP Essentials of Hazardous Material Management Course to a live audience. You are invited to join these events via the AHMP Cyber Chapter. You will be able to interact with the instructors as the material is presented.
- Typical Time: 8:00AM - 5:00PM local time with lunch break. Classes are typically 3 or 4 days either consecutive or 1/week.
- Attendance during the EHMM is at the discretion of the attendee.
- Payment is on-line only
- Participants taking this offering will receive an extensive course. It will assist participants to prepare for the CHMM® national examination as well as help them perform their job duties and responsibilities.
Need a user profile? (required for tracking attendance)
Attendance will be documented and updated in user profiles for use as continuing education. This is a free service of the AHMP Cyber Chapter.
Who Should Attend*
- Experienced individuals such as technicians, engineers, scientists, facility supervisors and managers, and or regulators, who have assigned duties or responsibilities, related to management of hazardous materials and environmental, health and safety (EHS) issues.
- New individuals to the EHS&S area who need a broad overview of the field.
- Candidates for the CHMM or CHMP exam
* While targeted for experienced professionals and technicians, there are no prerequisites to take this training course. However, there are prerequisites for qualifying to take the subsequent IHMM examination.
EHMM Topics Covered
|Modules||Underground Storage Tanks||Occupational Safety and Health Overview|
|Chemistry Principles||Toxic Substances Control Act||Hazard Communication Standard|
|Chemical Hazards||Federal Insecticide, Fungicide, and Rodenticide Act||Laboratory Safety|
|Toxicology||Hazardous Materials Transportation||Bloodborne Pathogens|
|Basic Industrial Hygiene||Regulatory Compliance Audits||Personal Protective Equipment|
|Noise||Environmental Evaluations and Assessments||Permit-Required Confined Spaces|
|Indoor Air Quality||Environmental Sampling||Control of Hazardous Energy|
|Radiation Science and Safety||Remediation Technologies||HAZWOPER|
|Flammable Materials||Brownfields||Process and Risk Safety Management|
|Geology and Hydrogeology||Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act||Organizational and Management Theory|
|Environmental Federal Laws, Regulations, and Standards||Disasters Releasing Hazardous Materials||Management Systems|
|National Environmental Policy Act||Human Health Risk Assessment||Project Management|
|Pollution Prevention||Emergency Preparedness and Response||Training and Communication|
|Air Quality and Air Pollutant Management||Chemical and Biological Weapons||Professional Development and Associate Memberships|
|Water Programs||Homeland Security||The Global Future|
|Waste Management||Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Planning|